Monday 21 February 2011

Mini Easter Basket!

I wanted to show you guys a little idea that I had for a fun Easter basket! These can be decorated with all the wonderful embellishments from Wild Orchid Crafts!


You will need to start with 2 ovals and 1 strip of paper 12"x 2 1/2" scored at 1/2" mark, and a strip 12" x 1".  The ovals need to be small enough for the 12" strip to go around.  Snip the scored section ever so often and add adhesive tape to the oval.
 
Start attaching the long strip to the oval like so.  This what the base will look like.



Cut 4 strips of tulle about 1 1/2" wide and long enough to gather. My strips were 10' long and I doubled them to make them 5' to sew.  Sew down the middle of 3 of the strips and gather to 12" long each.

Start attaching the strips of gathered tulle to the basket.  For this step I used hot glue because you need it to hold pretty quickly.  Glue all three strips of tulle onto the basket.



Add the handle and the second oval to the inside to cover up the snipped edges.  Take the 4th strip of tulle doubled and start wrapping around the handle until the handle is covered.

 Now the fun part begins with adding the gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts!!  I added the 25mm Two Tone Baby pink Wild Roses, 15mm open roses and 6mm Rosebud along with White Heather Stems and Pink Tulip Vintage Seam Binding

 For this yellow "boy" basket I went with the Yellow Daffodils which were sooooo perfect for Easter!!! I also added in some orange 15mm open roses.  

If you would like more information on how I came up with this idea, check out my blog HERE.

Thank you for coming by the Wild Orchid Crafts Blog today! Keep checking back because we have so much more to show you!

Hugs, Dena


3 comments:

  1. hiya sweetie
    this is so amazingly cute
    my favorite color is the pink one
    thank you for sharing hunni
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. o this is gorgeous !!!

    Hugs Cora

    ReplyDelete